April 29, 2011

My Review of the Royal Wedding

What a lovely wedding we saw today. :)

In my opinion, Kate kept things simple, classic and elegant.

She could have gone over the top.
She could have ruffled some feathers being more "modern".

But she didn't! And it was perfect!

I was actually very surprised with her understated elegance.

Her dress:

Kate Middleton in her stunning wedding dress with Prince William.Very simple and sleek, with a v-neck lace bolero-like top over a strapless neckline, with an (I believe) an a-line skirt and a decent (but not excessive) sized train.

It's modern due to it's simplicity, yet is traditional enough that there's no question it is a Royal Wedding gown.

Her tiara and earrings are gorgeous, but not over the top, and do not demand too much attention, so the focus is on the beautiful bride!

Having her hair half up and curled was perfect for her ensemble as well, very regal, and very pretty in an effortless way.

Her maid of honor:

Kate's sister and bridesmaid Pippa Middleton walks down the aisle with the flower girls.I was very surprised to see her sister Pippa wearing white! (Or ivory, I cannot tell the difference really! XP) However she does look very lovely in a sleek, trumpet style dress which I believe does have some lace on the sleeves.

I kinda really loved the way the bridesmaid's hair was done, with a bunch of lily of the valley pinned to back of her half-up hairdo. Again, effortlessly pretty!

(and btw those flower girls are A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!)

Her flowers:

Kate Middleton waves as she arrives at Westminster Abbey.At first I thought most of her flowers were mainly baby's breath, but with a bit of research I learned it was bunches of lily of the valley! What a high-class touch! Her bouquet consists of lily of the valley, hyacinth, ivy, a sprig of myrtle, and sweet william! (That is just too cute!)

I was very surprised at the size of the bouquet as well, compared to American brides, it is definitely on the small side! Not that it matters, it just wasn't what I expected. Still very romantic!

The ceremony:

Westminster Abbey decorated for the Royal Wedding of William and Kate.The alter at Westminster Abbey on William and Kate's wedding day.Westminster Abbey does not need much decoration, so anything added to this space just adds to the elegance, charm, and awe of the place! Tall trees lining the beginning of the isle is a very modern touch in my opinion, really works with the height of the Abbey, and the rest of the flower arrangements were large, but fairly traditional with white flowers. Kept them straightforward but pretty!

Also the ceremony had a very nice timeline, it was not too long or drawn out, with a lot of audience participation with the hymns. It was very enjoyable to watch.


But the most important thing of all...they look so happy!

Kate Middleton arrives at the alter with Prince William on their wedding day.Kate Middleton and Prince William head toward Buckingham Palace in a horse drawn carriage.Prince William and Kate Middleton kiss on the balcony on their wedding day.
I wish the couple much happiness and joy in their new marriage! Congrats you two!

<3

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there this is somewhat of off topic but I was wanting to
know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML.
I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get advice from someone with experience. Any help would be enormously appreciated!
Also see my web page :: minnie mouse party supplies

Sarah said...

Blogger offers a really decent GUI for doing the basics of your blog, but I did have some javascript and CSS in my template that enable me to have the pretty font for the titles. (Also some code for metadata.) I have heard though that Wordpress is better for search engine optimization however, and still has a user-friendly GUI.

Google for tutorials online, you will get a plethora of advice!

The site that I used for the titles is here: http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html

Post a Comment