January 25, 2011

More Comfy Cozy Winter Wedding Inspiration!

Here is some more lovely winter inspiration to feast your eyes on! Enjoy! :D

It would be too cute to serve soup in little hallowed-out gourds! <3

Carved out gourd bowls serving a warm pumpkin soup.
It seems to be difficult to pull off, however if you do this the day before, add a little lemon juice to the carved surface of each one so it doesn't brown, and stick them in the fridge, (or many friends' fridges), you should be fine. Just note that a pumpkin site says it will start to dry out and shrivel after 48 hours, so you don't want to wait too long with these.

Probably the only reason I would ever buy wedding stockings...just to keep my darn legs warm!

Lace wedding stockings.
The lace ones are awfully pretty though :) A winter tidbit taken from Weddingbee's Miss Earrings!

The cutest (and most affordable!) outdoor lanterns I've seen for a winter wedding! Just make sure they don't melt beforehand!

Affordable outdoor DIY ice laterns.
Thank Design Sponge for the how-to for this fantastic idea!

I love the color of these faux orchids! They can be so pretty in deep burgundy!

Ring bearer pillows with faux burgundy orchids.

Now if you're going for a more modern look, this take on the birds and branches theme could be very fitting:

A modern bird and twig centerpiece display.
All thanks to a dessert buffet post by Hostess with the Mostest.

Another more modern winter idea is to use these feather wreaths that I just love...they remind me so much of snow, so soft and delicate:

A white feather wreath used as aisle decor.
However I don't think it will be popular with the bf (tried to get something similar for Christmas XD lol)

More to come!

(What, you thought I exhausted my list of winter ideas already?!)