July 27, 2010

Sometimes You May Not Want To DIY It...

Another wedding idea I would love to incorporate from Ever Ours: clutch bouquets!!! 8D

A bridesmaid holding a very unique clutch bouquet!All the pretty bridesmaid clutch bouquets on display.
At first I thought this would be fantastic for DIY, because it looks like they have less flowers, so it got me wondering how you would go about making one of these things...

and there's not too much information out there if you want real flowers.

Sure silk flowers would be easier to deal with, but I have not been impressed by the price and the quality of a lot of silk flowers out there. (Yet anyways, I should probably due more research on that sometime...) Right now I'd rather just work with real ones!

I could make a bouquet like my tutorial describes and just make it really long and narrow instead of a round dome, and don't wrap up the stems with floral tape and ribbon. But the issue is how to contain moisture from the flowers and not destroy the purses...hmmm...

After browsing a bit I guess the best thing to try is to cover each stem with a floral water tube, (50 for $3 at Save On Crafts!) and maybe contain all the ends in a bag and secure with some waterproof tape or a rubber band.

Or should I just accept the fact that the purses will never be used again?

And how do you keep the purse from opening too much and the flowers from falling out? Just stuff it to the brim?

Not to mention the purses cannot be used for a practical purpose either if they're filled with flowers...

Perhaps they can be transferred to vases before the reception so my gals could actually use them!

I don't know...this seems a bit difficult to pull off...

But for the blog, it might be worth a trial run sometime :)