April 30, 2010

Time for Introductions and Explanations

Hi there! Welcome to my wedding blog!

I'm Sarah and I want a champagne wedding for a beer wedding budget! However I feel that I couldn't name the blog "I Want A Champagne Wedding" without people expecting me to have a winery/champagne theme, which isn't want I want to accomplish here.

I was inspired to start this blog first and foremost by A $10000 Wedding, where her fun and addicting personality really kept me wanting to read the next post...so much so I spent most of that week reading the entire blog! After just reading the first few posts I thought "Woo hoo! I'm not crazy!!!" I was not the only non-engaged hopeful to poke around the internet, (when the bf isn't looking), to do some serious wedding research, lol.

Fortunately for normal life, and possibly unfortunate for wedding planning, my mother raised me to be a frugal little spender, so I'm determined that when I eventually do get married, I will not spend a fortune if I don't have to. It is just one day after all. The goal for this blog was originally $10k like my inspiration blog, but it only took one wedding budget spreadsheet to completely blow that budget out of the water! In fact I was having the worst trouble just keeping my budget below $18K! D:

So now, I have a challenge: Try to get the wedding budget lowered, at the very least, to a somewhat non-impressive (to me), $15K

Future challenge: Try to get that budget even lower, possibly to the $12K range

Also this blog is basically a channel for me, for now and hopefully for later when I do get engaged, *crosses fingers*, and for all my many wedding thoughts and ideas that have been bouncing around in my head :)

Enjoy!